What is Buck Hill?
Buck Hill is the best of all worlds: a serene, private escape tucked into the natural beauty of the Pocono Mountains, yet situated close to New York and Philadelphia. Here, you can be as active as you want, in the ways you want, through golf, tennis, swimming, lawn bowling, hiking, fly fishing, cycling, skating, skiing, gardening, and more. Whether you’re looking to keep active or relax with family and friends, there’s something here for everyone.
Feels Like Home
Only 90 minutes from Philadelphia and New York City, Buck Hill Falls gives those who live in and love the urban life an opportunity to balance that energy with restorative serenity, rejuvenating fresh air, and health-enhancing recreation. In fact, that’s just what our Philadelphia-dwelling founders planned, over one hundred years ago.
Our family-friendly resort community offers a variety of lots and housing types, including modern, easy-care townhomes, quaint shingle-style cottages, and grand stone lodges. Wooded lots, cozy fieldstone fireplaces, and commodious porches abound. Buck Hillers enjoy the privacy of our small community, the camaraderie between neighbors, and the unmatched physical beauty of our surroundings: food for the body, heart, and soul.
Whether you choose to live here full-time or to revive your spirits with Buck Hill’s magic during summers, weekends, and holidays, you will soon agree with your neighbors: We are all lucky to have this place, and it feels like home.
An Adventure for Everyone
Buck Hill Falls offers a variety of recreational activities for adults, youth, and families. Our sports and fitness offerings include:
- Golf: Our 27-hole golf course features 18 holes designed by famed architect, Donald Ross.
- Tennis: Play a game or join a round-robin on one of our ten Har-Tru tennis courts, sign up for a lesson with our pros, or pick up gear at our Tennis Tea Complex.
- Swim: Our Olympic-sized outdoor swimming pool has lap lanes, diving boards, a kiddie pool, and room to spread out – fun, exercise, and a refreshing dip for all.
- Lawn Bowling: Families enjoy our weekly lawn bowling social, and our Lawn Bowling Club members enjoy free play, lessons, and tournament play.
- Fitness Center: Our state-of-the-art workout facility includes indoor exercise equipment, platform tennis and basketball courts, a game room, and a cozy, fireplace-warmed base for outdoor winter recreation.
- Trails: Our 4500+ acres and 40+ miles of trails offer waterfalls, streams, towering forests, shady glens, and open vistas for fly fishers, hikers, runners, cyclers, and xc skiers.
- Summer Camp: While children and teenagers participate in all of our community activities, we also provide exclusive summer youth programs that facilitate growth and learning for our residents ages 3 through 15.
With a diverse range of entertainment available for residents of all ages, year-round recreation at Buck Hill Falls provides the perfect balance between relaxation and fun. For over a century, families have been returning year after year for our community traditions, sports and leisure activities, and seasonal celebrations. Contact us online or call 570-595-7511 for more information about our recreational programs and events.